Aug 8, 2011

Movie Mondays!
NO LIGHTS!

This really isn’t a documentary as much as it is speculation on the life and motivations of CS Lewis. It is plodding, monotone and downright boring. I would venture to say it’s an example of how not to make an entertaining documentary. CS Lewis gave the world some truly beloved literature and was a contemporary of Tolkien. When the viewer finally gets to this point the film becomes slightly more entertaining but oh... what a slumber inducing voyage it is to that point. The incidental music is something better served to one of those tacky shows dealing with the prophecies of Nostradamus and the narrator has the cadence and tone of an undertaker. If you’re truly desperate and a die hard fan of CS Lewis looking for anything and everything on the author then watch it otherwise save yourself some precious hours and stay away. Better still pick up one of Lewis’ books far more entertaining than this piece of tripe.

I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments: